Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service shared useful tips on how to avoid fire at Christmas

Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service shared useful tips on how to avoid fire at Christmas, Iryna Chyrkova

Christmas is just around the corner! Many Winnipeg residents have already decorated their house for the upcoming holiday, many are just planning to do it.

Unfortunately, the holiday season is the period when the largest number of fires occur. In this regard, the Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service shared tips on how to protect the house from fire and how to comply with all fire safety rules during the holidays.

So, here are some key tips:

1. The most important thing you need to remember is to turn off all the lights if you leave the house. Even if you are going out for 30 minutes, turn off everything. A fire can occur at any moment.

2. If you have metal Christmas trees trees, do not decorate them with electric lights. Any malfunction can lead to very tragic consequences.

3. If you prefer natural Christmas trees, make sure that they are fresh and do not have dry branches. If a fire occurs, a fresh tree will not catch it, but dry branches will spread the fire throughout the room in a few seconds.

4. When your Christmas tree is dry, you should properly dispose of it. The best option is to use the services of Let’s Chip In program.

5. Do not place a Christmas tree close to any source of ignition. For example, a fireplace or candles. If you want to place a lot of candles around the house, hold them in the refrigerator for some time: the flame will be smoother and the candle will burn more slowly.

If a fire happened, call 911 immediately and tell your address first of all. Many people start to panic and forget to name the exact location, which postpones the arrival of the fire service.

MORE NEWS: How to reduce waste during the festive season? Experts shared essential tips

Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service Christmas protect the house from fire
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor

Comments