Fire at Valentine’s Fitness and Weight Loss Centre

Fire at Valentine’s Fitness and Weight Loss Centre, Vladimir Volenyuk

A fire is always a scary and dangerous thing, people might get hurt or killed, especially children and elderly citizens since they are not able to react fast and evacuate the building by themselves.

On Sunday, February 10th a small fire in one of the businesses in Winnipeg occurred due to malfunctioned equipment in one of the bathrooms. The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service said firefighters were called to the scene of a strip mall in the 900 block of Portage Avenue at about 7:57 a.m.

Smoke was coming from the eaves from Valentine’s Fitness and Weight Loss Centre, so firefighters went inside to launch an attack and the fire was quickly put out. Great teamwork of professional firefighters helped quickly get the fire under control and eliminate the danger.

The building’s sprinkler system helped control the fire before firefighters got there, said the WFPS. A fire caused minimal damage but the business saw extensive smoke damage.

Thankfully, no one was in the building at the time, and the fire was caused by a broken bathroom fan. There are currently no damage estimates. Cleaning crews are working at the scene now, the fitness center management hopes to reopen in a couple of days to be able to accept and serve their customers.

Unfortunately, fires in Winnipeg happen quite often, in many cases, it caused by the electrical problems, some fires caused by residents, who in many cases were under drug influence at a time of incidents.

Downtown Winnipeg apartment fire
Business fire Valentine’s Fitness and Weight Loss Centre Portage Avenue
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor

Comments