Many great activities and family events are available in Winnipeg, which gives us even more opportunities to enjoy what our city has to offer. Let’s make some great memories!
Everyone loves movies, but free outdoor movies – even better!
Transcona Movie Nights:
Movies to be shown at Transcona Centennial Square (135 Regent Avenue West).
- July 18 @ 9:45 p.m.: Captain Marvel
- July 25 @ 9:45 p.m.: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- August 1 @ 9:30 p.m.: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
- August 8 @ 9:30 p.m.: Incredibles 2
- August 15 @ 9:30 p.m.: Mary Poppins Returns
- August 22 @ 9:30 p.m.: A Dog’s Journey
- August 29 @ 9:30 p.m.: Bohemian Rhapsody
- BONUS FLICK: Friday, August 16 @ 9:30 p.m.: Casablanca (special retro black-and-white movie).
Movies in the Park:
- August 2 @ 6:30 p.m.: Incredibles 2
- August 2 @ 8:45 p.m.: Captain Marvel
- August 9 @ 6:30 p.m.: How to Train Your Dragon 3
- August 9 @ 8:45 p.m.: A Wrinkle in Time
- August 16 @ 6:30 p.m.: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- August 16 @ 8:45 p.m.: Avengers: Endgame
- August 23 @ 6:30 p.m.: Aladdin (2019)
- August 23 @ 8:45 p.m.: Back to the Future.
Movies on Memorial:
A nice movie on Memorial every Tuesday in August at sundown (around 9:00 p.m.). Raincheck? Films cut short in the event of rain will be shown the following day that week (Wednesday).
- August 6: Happy Gilmore
- August 13: Bring It On
- August 20: Dodgeball
- August 27: Mighty Ducks.
Also, the Downtown Drive-In is back for the second year in a row. The screening will take place at MPI’s cityplace parking lot (behind the MTS Centre) every Saturday in August.
The screenings are FREE for people arriving on bikes, transit, or on foot. If you prefer to take in the true Drive-In experience and be in your car, you can reserve a parking space for $10.