Fire can be a scary and destructive force. Many residential fires occur because of the tenant's fault or negligence of fire safety and common sense. A fire in the industrial building or a business office brings a great danger and life-threatening panic to people inside and near the building.
Even scarier is a school on fire. The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to a fire at a Transcona school in the early morning hours of Saturday. The fire at a school in the 200 block of Redonda Street started just before 4 a.m.
Responding crews located a fire on the roof of the school, they were able to quickly knock down the fire, declaring it under control at 4:23 a.m.
Thankfully, no one was reported injured. Damage from the fire was contained to roofing materials and equipment which were on the roof at the time.
As of now, there is no information about the estimated damages, the investigation still continues.