The August Long weekend is coming and everyone is excited about the extra days off. But that also means that many stores and other businesses will be closed, to be able to let people go and enjoy the weekend.
Terry Fox Day will take place on Monday, August 6, 2019. This weekend is also often referred to as August Long Weekend and the second last long weekend of the summer.
Since it isn’t a statutory holiday, most places will remain open:
- Grocery stores will maintain regular hours and malls will use Sunday hours.
- All civic offices are closed on Monday, August 5, 2019. For more information on city services, contact 311, open 24 hours every day.
- Recycling, garbage and yard waste will be collected as normally scheduled on Terry Fox Day holiday for those with Monday as their collection day.
- On Monday, August 5, Winnipeg Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- All Winnipeg Public Libraries will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- All City of Winnipeg indoor swimming pools will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- The Animal Services Agency will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- Cemetery grounds at Brookside, St. Vital and Transcona cemeteries will be open for visitation from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cemetery offices will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- The Winnipeg Parking Authority will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- All municipal golf courses will be open on Terry Fox Day from dawn to dusk, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.