House fire on Aberdeen Avenue

House fire on Aberdeen Avenue, Vladimir Volenyuk

A residential fire is always a scary and dangerous thing, people might get hurt or killed, especially children and elderly citizens since they are not able to react fast and evacuate the building by themselves.

Last Friday, February 8th a residential fire occurred in a house at Winnipeg’s North End. Crews were called around 7:30 p.m. to the 400 block of Aberdeen Avenue.

Everyone was able to escape the home, which is expected to be a complete loss. The house next door was also evacuated as a precaution.

A Winnipeg Fire Department started an investigation to determine the reason for a fire, the official statement will be released after the investigation is closed. Also, there are no damage estimates released yet, but the damage was quite substantial, as per firefighters that were working on the scene.

Unfortunately, residential fires in Winnipeg happen quite often, but unlike in this case, caused by the electrical problem, many of those fires caused by residents, who in many cases were under drug influence at a time of incidents.

Dozens of people still have no shelter after these fires. One building was completely freed from tenants and in the other, there are several apartments that need to be renovated. The fire started by someone who used drugs, but this is a rapidly growing problem.

Residential fire on Grant Avenue
House fire Aberdeen Avenue Winnipeg Fire Department
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor

Comments