Food Store destroyed by fire

Food Store destroyed by fire

Residential fire is always a scary and dangerous thing, people might get hurt or killed, especially children and elderly citizens since they are not able to react fast and evacuate the building by themselves. But even the industrial building fire brings a great danger and life-threatening panic to people inside and near the building.

Treherne is a small city just one hour away from Winnipeg. Just yesterday, February 24th the Treherne Food Store was destroyed by a huge fire.

According to a Facebook post by the Norfolk Treherne Fire Department, they were called to structure fire in Treherne, where they were helped by fire departments from Rathwell, Holland, and St. Leon, even a fire crew from Winnipeg took part, but more in the instruction and consultation way after the fire was contained.

Due to tough conditions caused by the weather and wind the Treherne Food Store was destroyed.

Winnipeg Fire Chief Mark Reshaur says not enough people have evacuation plans for their own homes and businesses.

“An awful lot of people don’t give it enough thought,” said Reshaur.

“It’s really important that you give it thought, that you have a plan beforehand, that you don’t wait until there’s an emergency to try to figure out what to do.”

It is always better to be prepared before anything happen because in a critical situation most people can’t think clearly and make bad decisions. But a trained person, someone who has a plan for the emergency like house fire and other, will most likely to remain calm and just follow the protocol, simply follow the instruction step by step.

Unfortunately, fires in Winnipeg happen quite often, but unlike in this case, caused by the electrical problem, many of those fires caused by residents, who in many cases were under drug influence at a time of incidents.