Winnipeg has been declared the Slurpee Capital of the World for 20 years in a row. Fellow Winnipeggers, everyone who loves Slurpee it is definitely time to celebrate!!
Slurpee’s have been such a big part of Manitoba’s culture that last year, the City of Winnipeg designated a street with the honourary name of ‘Slurpee Way’.
Food delivery service Uber Eats now offers deliveries from two 7-Eleven locations on their app and online, and yes, that includes Slurpees. With your Slurpee, you can also purchase hot food, candy, chocolate, chips, milk and if you’re tired, hungover or have a sore throat – energy shots, painkillers, and much more!
- Slurpee is the number one beverage served to women in Winnipeg’s maternity wards in the summertime.
- Instead of giving flowers, people meet and greet friends and family at the airport by giving them Slurpee drinks.
- When it’s -40 degrees Celsius outside, people are seen waiting for the bus, biking and skating with a Slurpee in hand.
- Slurpee is the choice drink for fans watching outdoor football games when it’s -20 degrees Celsius.
- Slurpee is often served at summer weddings.
- People consume Slurpee drinks for breakfast year round.