As many Winnipeggers sit back and reflect on what makes being in Canada so great, some businesses will be adjusting hours on July 1st.
Here’s a quick guide to get through the day:
- All City of Winnipeg civic offices are closed.
- Provincial offices are closed, most federal buildings are closed.
- Garbage and recycling collection will take place.
- Canada Post will be closed and will not deliver mail.
- Winnipeg Transit will be running on a Sunday schedule.
- Free Canada Day Shuttle service linking The Forks and Osborne Village, operating from noon until 12 a.m.
- Kildonan Place: Closed.
- Polo Park: Closed.
- Garden City Shopping Centre: Closed.
- St. Vital Mall: Closed.
- Outlet Collection Winnipeg: Closed.
- Grant Park Shopping Centre: Closed.
- Some amenities, such as movie theatres, will be open at malls.
- Most Manitoba Liquor Marts are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Indoor pools will be closed in Winnipeg.
- Weather permitting, all outdoor pools will be open.
The following wading pools will be open as well weather permitting:
- Central Park.
- Dakota Park.
- Machray Park.
- Shaughnessy Park.
- West Kildonan Memorial CC.
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Manitoba Museum: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo: 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Manitoba Children’s Museum: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fellow Winnipeggers, plan your commute as Winnipeg will see some heavy traffic in the first part of the day and in the evening, as there will be many tourists and locals driving to and from attractions.