A residential fire is always a scary and dangerous thing, people might get hurt or killed, especially children and elderly citizens since they are not able to react fast and evacuate the building by themselves.
On the morning of July 18th, 2019, the WFPS responded to reports of a fire in a three-storey apartment complex in the 600 block of Simcoe Street.
The building's residents self-evacuated prior to the arrival of crews. One individual was assessed on the scene by paramedics but did not require transported to a hospital.
As per WFPS, preliminary observations suggest its cause may have been accidental due to unattended cooking.
Fire Chief Mark Reshaur says not enough people have evacuation plans for their own homes.
It is always better to be prepared before anything happen because in a critical situation most people can’t think clearly and make bad decisions. But a trained person, someone who has a plan for the emergency like house fire and other, will most likely to remain calm and just follow the protocol, simply follow the instruction step by step.